Monday, December 15, 2008

Samurai Dunny Variants

Here are 3 more Samurai Dunny variants that I've just completed. Just playing around a bit more on the Samurai theme until I start my Samurai BlindBox set which should come out early January. I changed the top knot idea for the last two because not all Samurais had top knots. Enjoy!Samurai Spearman with blue uniform. I kept the traditional topknot for this one but added a mustache. His spear is different from the previous retainer's spears.

Here is Miyamoto Musashi with wooden sword fashioned from a boat oar. This was inspired by his duel with Sasaki Kojiro on the island of Ganryu. I watched Toshiro Mifune's portrayal of Musashi to help get inspiration.

Jubei Yagyu is the 3rd of this set. He has a sword guard for an eye patch. There were many Yagyu Jubei's that I drew inspiration from... Ninja Scroll, Ninja Re-incarnation, and Samurai Re-incarnation.

1 comment:

Patrick Francisco said...

Great work, Del. I like them all, but especially the hair in the first.