Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Yoka Custom for Coalesce NY show.

So this is the Yoka custom I did for the upcoming Coalesce NY show on September 5th.  What was originally a panda looking thing ended up becoming this cross between a Gamera Kaiju and Blastoise Pokemon.  I originally planned for it to be some kind of Ninja turtle (since 90% of everyone customizing a yoka are keeping it's bear form), but I just flowed with it and ended up with this.  Mad props to board member Another-waver for recommending the Air-dry DAS clay I used for this.  Still have a lot to learn with the clay but  it worked out great.  I wanted that gritty natural unevenness look to this so I did very little smoothing out of the shell and other sculpted parts.  Oh yeah, look into its eyes... I used red marbles for them!!
     Too bad I wasn't able to finish my other customs for this show.  I still have a collab piece that I did with Codedecoinc that I have to post so be on the lookout for that.  No gas grill dunny for the show as well as little dragon giveaways.  This ended up becoming top priority next to my daughter (who by the way had a fever this whole weekend).  At least I have something to show.  Have fun at the show people and be on the lookout for this guy! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cool! I didn't know this one was yours. It was one of my fave Yokas. That's probably because I like old school Japanese giant monster movies. Good job.