Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Simian Samurai

So here is my first MadL custom. I call him Simian Samurai and he was customized especially for the Delicious Drips Me MadL Custom Show coming up this friday. He stands in his glorious 10inches of grandeur with katana in hand and a tail to match. Not only is this my first MadL, it is also my first time using liquitex acrylic paint for a multi-color project. Though it was a pain to apply and use for my first time, I'm quite happy with the experience and plan on practicing on some unsuspecting 3" dunnys to perfect my craft. I researched several classical samurai paintings to help get the idea for the armor and color. Even though there are a bunch of things that could be improved, I enjoyed creating this because it was fun and I was able to take my customizing to a new direction! Enjoy!

No comments: